Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nervous System Jewelry- A Couture take on Science.



Dendrite Brooch



I came across this stunning blog called Nervous System who also creates a biomimicry shaped jewelry line. Started by two MIT graduates of Biology, Architecture and Maths , their design is focusing on generative design methots using both algorithmic and physical tools. Attracted to complex and unconventional geometries their inspirations came from natural forms around us. I love how they all have this delicate and pristine quality to it. It is a couture take on science. A great conversation starter piece at parties. When a cute geeky boy asks, "Oh I how love your lovely necklace, what is it?", then I answered, "Owh...this is a Radiolaria, it is an amoeboid protozoa that produce intricate mineral skeletons....blablablabla....," For sure I need to do my research first on Wikipedia prior to be able to impress this boy ;). Hahaha...Oh dear, but nevertheless I'm in love with these blings. Brava to these fab duo Jessica Rosenkrantz and Jesse Louis-Rosenberg. To shop, click here for the Etsy shop. All pictures via Nervous System.

No comments:

Post a Comment