Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deluxe-How Luxury Lost It's Luster by Dana Thomas

Dana thomas, European editor of Conde Nast Porfolio Deluxe-How Luxury Lost It's Luster. I read this book during my 1 month hibernation. In the book, Thomas gave interesting insight about how luxury goods quality used to be, juicy facts about luxury giants such as LVMH, how couture houses survived bancruptcy, the power of designer-perfumes & accessories, counterfit handbags, and how brand re-imaging can elevate brand's status, every single juicy insight in fashion industry mentioned in this book. After reading this book, it reminds me of all things that I learnt from my first Undergrad degree in Fashion Marketing Management. MAN! I wished this book exists back then!!!! I did not have to spent those years of "couture research and study".Overall this is a really informative book for students, businessmens, fashionistas, anti-fashionistas, or anyone who is curious about fashion-behind the scene, totally recomended. Other book I can recommend for similar genre is The End of Fashion by Teri Agins. It tells all about how marketing dictates fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment