Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hong Kong, How you have become my Asian NYC!

Image Via Eugenio Recuenco
I'm currently stopping by HK for pleasure. Last night, we went to this Tapas place by Nathan Rd in Tsim Sha Shui (I need a break from all the Chinese food we had for the past week in China), and there were this 2 gals tawking..and tawking...and tawking with heavy Brooklyn accent sitting on the table behind us. Suddenly, I felt this pang of sadness, oh how I miss NYC. It used to my hub to satisfy my thirst of art, design, architecture and fashion when I used to live in Chicago. Flying there used to be a treat for my mind to freshen-up my eyes with beautiful, new happenings. Now, since I got relocated to Jakarta, HK is pretty much what come close to NYC experience, only with more sophisticated subway system (it is called MTR here) which is similar to London's tube. Plus, the food and shopping over here are endless with wicked discounts all year long (esp. in June-July). HK constantly changed year after year so you will find something new each time you visit. I fell in love with HK once all over again, just like when I was 5 years old. Sorry NYC, I heart you but I think I need to move on, I will see you again in the future someday....someday...*gosh, i kinda feel cheesy with this post now* Oh..look, the picture in this post IT IS gorgeous eh?? Well, clap your hands for Eugenio Recuenco, see more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment